Sunday, January 11, 2009

Russia encore

More river shots. Looks like a parliamentary building. edit: Actually a courthouse my more intelligent spouse informs me ;-)The subway in St.Pete. You are not supposed to take pics. I of course was taking pics. The angle of ascent/descent was so steep, it was positively Dutch (if you've been to the Nederlands, you will know what steep gradients they have on their stairs in order to squeeze space). Anyway I was taking pics, and suddenly everyone was looking at me. There was a security woman shouting at me in russian from her surveillance booth on the bottom using the PA system. Of course my russian is very rusty, and so i paid no heed. Friends with us who spoke russian alerted us, and we fully expected KGB to be waiting for us. No such luck. Similar to NY subway system in that no pics allowed. The global war on terruh.

The pink thingy again with the Stock Exchange in the background (see I did listen to my guide).
Church shot. Cool. edit: actually the Church of the Spilled Blood, where Tsar Alexsandr II was asassinated
Canal tour shot .... of same church. Great colors on these buildings around town.

No comments: