Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok ...

I managed to convince my friend and neighbour, Roy, to finally cut down a dead tree near our house. Roy is the chainsaw wielding warrior shown below.

 As you can see, he's having great craic alltogether

I am in a more pensive mood ... how did that ditty go?



He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps. He likes to press wild flowers. He puts on women's clothing And hangs around in bars?! He's a lumberjack, and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.
Enough silliness .... we had a good time, and the tree is down. I was telling my Dad, and of course he is an old hand at that (the tree cutting and not the wild flower pressing). Listen, he says,


first you cut 'em down

then you cut em up


He thought he'd get some more logs out of it, as the pic shows, dating from 1984.

And below is the bench/horse saw that they used to cut up the wood. This is my Dad looking suspiciously like myself. Now I know where he got his rugged good looks from  .... his son ;-)


cue the music .... "i fought the saw and the saw won ... "

No comments: